Friday 20 January 2012

Hibernation sounds good to me

Gawd...do I ever suffer from the Winter blues at times.  Today was one of those days. Every year I think I can prepare for S.A.D.S. a little better than the previous year simply because I know it's going to come sometime after Christmas but as usual I wasn't ready once again.  As much as I try to be positive and cheery, I still get down and sometimes a little grumpy when the rain comes and the clouds hang 2 feet over my head all day.  But as they say, and I've seen it for myself many times, "when the sun finally pokes its head out, you'll forget all about winter."  Vancouver is one of the most beautiful places on earth in the Spring/Summer/and Fall but Winter!!  blech!
I have learned that making conversations with people on the bus helps me out some.  It stops me from thinking too much about myself and how much I want to retreat to my cave.  I do meet some very interesting people on occasion.  Today was just one of those days when I didn't chat much at all.
I must be getting close to retirement....aren't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment