Thursday 29 December 2011

Blah blah blah blah blah

That's exactly how I felt all day today at work.  Holidays are over, Christmas is done.  All the buildup is over.  Whew!  Next year my wife and I promised we wouldn't have so much food next year.  Instead of a 20 lb turkey maybe just a breast or some other such small amount.  We said the same thing last year too.
Three of the kids won't eat turkey anyway and Debbie is not so hot for it these days either so maybe next year we will actually do what we say we will do.
Driving a bus right now is a breeze with all the kids out of school and many people taking the week off.  A little bit boring at times for me.  I'm quite used to transporting over 100 people at any given time.  When the bus is packed like that there are many standing near me at the front which gives me lots of fodder to trick someone into chatting with me.  I have some favourite one liners to accomplish that goal.  If someone drags a couple of suitcases on board I like to say something like, "running away from home are we?"  That usually gets a response although once in awhile a negative one.  The odd person has just looked at me like I'm stupid.    I'm still waiting for the day some guy responds, "the girlfriend just kicked me out alright @#*hole!"  But normally this is a risk worth taking. I love to chat with people.  Over the years I have met people on my bus from all over the world.  For example; A young girl from Great Britain who loaded a mountain bike on the bike rack.  Her name was Fiona somethin' or rather.  While she stood at the front of the bus watching her bike like a hawk I mentioned that her bike looked awesome, "do you ride a lot?"  She explained the bike was designed especially for her and cost over $8000.00 US dollars.  She was travelling to Whistler to a world class downhill race.  She was ranked 2nd in the world at that moment.  She was riding a bus because it took most of the money she had left to travel from England to Vancouver to attend this race.  Interesting young lady.
Today was a much quieter day for both people and traffic but still a great day to be alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment