Thursday 22 December 2011

We are all One

I transport close to a thousand people every day on my regular bus route which contributes significantly to my habit of people watching.  I come in contact with and observe all types of people all the way from businessmen to the homeless, from housewives to hookers,  from construction workers to welfare recipients, drunks, addicts, extroverts and introverts, every shape a person could ever imagine, representing every race from around the globe.  It is very interesting practice to say the least.
 
This got me to thinking today. I must be related to all these people.  A person have to go back a ways to find the connection but yes, I am truly related to all of these people, every one of them. Here's my argument to justify this statement.

If we put any stock at all into Darwin and his theories of evolution we have to believe that somewhere in a dark cave hidden away from the dangers of T Rex and other predators our Mom and Dad (Ugh and Samantha...I just made that up) got together and begat baby boy Mumph and some time later begat baby girl Julie who got eventually got together and begat another, and so and so on.
If one believes at all in Christianity we all began life thanks to Adam and Eve who started the begetting process until here we all are today, the well begotten.

This theory is pretty good too.  Mental note to self, Adam and Eve are both English speaking names.  Come to think of it so are the prolific writers of the good book, Mathew, Mark, Luke, and John.  All good English names. Aha!  There can be only one explanation.  These people were not born in the middle east, No! They were all English speaking people born in an English speaking country, either England, Australia, United States, or Canada. Aha!  that's why we believe in the first world that God is always on our side.

I would further offer the theory that these people were all Canadians.  Why you ask.  Well, remember the Garden of Eden, Adam and Eve and the temptation of the apple tree?  The Okanagan Valley fits the description of the Garden of Eden perfectly.  This valley is full of apple trees and has plenty of potentially evil snakes too.

I feel so much better that I have almost tied all the pieces together.  WE ARE ALL ONE!  Aaahh!

No comments:

Post a Comment